Today’s Outfit: The Color Purple… and grey
*Today will be brutally honest to my typical routine since I didn’t have the project idea until my commute to work. 🙂
Hair Washed & blown dry, no products, no styling
Makeup Usual, which is minimal
Nails No polish
Jewelry No rings, no necklace, grey & purple earrings
Tops Purple button-down cardigan from Old Navy
Cream undershirt from Aeropostale
Bottoms Grey dress pants from JC Penney
Shoes Grey flats from Charlotte Russe
Purse Grey & ivory clutch from Charming Charlie
What Do I Dislike?
- My hair doesn’t look polished; albeit, it is raining today
- My grey flats are becoming worn- need new ones
What Could Be Better?
- According to the inverted V body style recommendations, I should be wearing a nude or dark cami under my sweater. Could’ve done dark grey.
- Whenever possible, I should wear dark colors on top and light colors on the bottom
What Do I Like?
- I love this color purple
- The grey in the buttons on the sweater match the color of the pants perfectly
- The deep V of my sweater gives the illusion of a longer torso and smaller chest
- The length of the arms of my sweater and the legs of my pants are perfect. (This used to be a challenge for me.)
- The waist of my pants fit well, which is usually difficult in finding pants this long
- The only thing I have going for me in this outfit (and hair, makeup, accessories) is the lovely purple color of the sweater. Other than that, I’d blend away like a boring fog.