Today’s Outfit: Orange Ya Glad It’s
*The ‘almost’ was included since it is Thursday. From now on, jeans will only be worn (occasionally) on Fridays, hence the name clarification.
Hair Washed & blown dry, no products, no styling
Makeup Slightly more than usual due to the lack of accessories
Nails No polish
Jewelry Absolutely none : (
Tops Orange, ¾ sleeve, cardigan from Maurice’s
Bottoms Jeans from Maurice’s
Shoes Brown flats w/ gold clasps
Purse Grey & ivory clutch from Charming Charlie
What Do I Dislike?
- Because I was running REALLY late for work, I am wearing jeans (which goes against my goal of creating a professional, polished look)
- Utter lack of accessories and finishing touches
What Could Be Better?
- I somehow no longer own orange or gold accessories and will need to purchase some. Luckily, Charming Charlie has a location opening roughly a mile from my work very soon!
- My undershirt could’ve been a little longer, which would’ve increased the illusion of a longer torso and wider hips
What Do I Like?
- I like this color orange paired with the dark denim
- The jeans have back pocket flaps, which give the impression of a fuller rear- haha
- The cardigan is cut shorter than my undershirt. Both shirts are form fitting, which eliminates a bulky look but achieves nice layering for accentuation of a tiny waist and the illusion of rounder, fuller hips.
- The elbow length sleeve cuts the overall length of my long arms.
- It’s okay but boring. I like the challenge of what to add/change to create a work chic version for an occasional jeans-on-Friday. Perhaps adding a blazer, definitely accessories, paired with some great shoes!