Today’s Outfit: Blueberry Surprise
Makeup Usual, which is minimal
Nails No polish
Jewelry Dangling, pearl earrings
No rings or bracelets
Jacket Beige, gathered-front, ¾ sleeve cardigan
Tan, button-down cardigan from Van Heusen
Tops Pale blue, ruffled tank with pearl & button embellishments
Bottoms Dress Pants from Maurice’s
Shoes Medium brown flats with buckle
Purse Grey & ivory clutch from Charming Charlie
What Do I Dislike?
- The big drop of blueberry yogurt that I spilled on my shirt (hence, the name of the outfit)
- I’m unsure about the horizontal ruffles on this shirt. I feel like they give the illusion of a droopy, bigger chest due to where the first ruffle line is. Also, adding the gathered cardigan over it made everything seem bulky, exaggerating my inverted V body type. Therefore, I switched jackets to the tan cardigan I conveniently had in my office.
What Could Be Better?
- If I had known I would switch jackets, I would’ve paired this outfit with my tan heels. I’m starting to realize how important shoes are to an outfit. They can make or break it.
- I think I would’ve preferred a long, fun necklace over the pearl accessories
What Do I Like?
- These are my favorite pants I own
- The pants have an ‘i am SMART’ tag inside by the buttons. There’s nothing like little, positive reminders throughout the day
- The tan cardigan has a deep v neck and vertical element with the buttons down, elongating my torso. The tie around the waist with the bow at the side accentuates a small waist.
- The colors of the jacket and the pants go amazing together. I will have to remember this!!
- Not my favorite but not bad. A little too dressy for a Friday (but I have a big meeting today with my boss’s boss)
- Ashley gave birth to Maria on Wednesday
- The orthodontist said he will start taking braces off at my next appointment
- Beau and I are searching for matching wedding bands